Tuesday, March 25, 2014

STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE



To say that it has been a brutal winter is a HUGE understatement. Week after week of record breaking temperatures, snow storms followed by more snow storms and we are all too familiar with the term "polar vortex." I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror the other day. There I stood in the kitchen wearing 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of pants, 3 sweaters, a hat and yes I was inside cooking. This has been my wardrobe all winter. My house has lost its charm... for now. The combination of a 200 year old house, no insulation, high ceilings and wood floors equals no difference in the outside temp and inside temp. Spring cannot arrive soon enough. Although we are expecting more snow today, I know that warmer weather is just around the corner. In fact, once this storm rolls out we will start seeing 60 degree days. WOOP WOOP!! To celebrate the approaching spring sunshine, I made a strawberry dream cake. Because spring will be just that, a beautiful dream, come to life. 








STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE

For the crust

2 cups almonds
10 dates
pinch pink sea salt

For the filling

2 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup sheep yogurt (or any plain full fat yogurt)
1 cup nut pulp
1/4 cup honey
1/2 lemon, juice

Directions


In your food processor, add all of the ingredients for the crust. Process until the mixture sticks together in your hands. Press the crust into a 9" spring form pan. Place in freezer while you make the filling.


Add the strawberries, honey and lemon juice in either your blender or food processor. Combine until creamy. Then add in the yogurt and nut pulp. Blend until smooth. Pour over the crust and place in freezer. 


I kept this cake in my freezer and took it out about 30 minutes before I sliced myself a delicious piece. 


Enjoy and know that Spring is right around the corner my lovelies! 






No comments:

Post a Comment