Sunday, April 6, 2014

BLACKBERRY CAROB MILKSHAKE




In my opinion, milkshakes make life better. Regardless of what your day may look like, take a sip of a milkshake and suddenly the world becomes a bit brighter. Today I present you with my favorite sweet treat. The combination of blackberries and carob pair perfectly together. I love switching things up and using carob instead of cacao. While cacao is one of my favorite superfoods, it does contain oxalic acid which has been shown to prevent calcium absorption. It would take a lot of cacao eating everyday to really effect calcium absorption, so do not fear. I believe that the bigger variety of foods in your diet the better. If you haven't tried carob before, I really recommend that you give it a try. It has its own very unique flavor. 

Carob is high in antioxidants which absorb free radicals that cause cell and tissue damage in the body. Carob is also high in calcium, which is an especially important nutrient for woman. 





BLACKBERRY CAROB MILKSHAKE / serves 2

1 banana

1 avocado
2 cups blackberries (I used frozen)
3 Tbsp. carob powder
3 Tbsp. cacao nibs
1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
2Tbsp. honey
1/2 cup nut milk
1/2 cup water
4 ice cubes
pinch sea salt

Blend it all together and enjoy! 









No comments:

Post a Comment